Dear Parents & Carers,
The world may have been in turmoil in recent months but St Lawrence’s has remained at the heart of the local community as a beacon of hope and happiness. Indeed, it has been our pleasure to hold a ‘Festival Week for our past Yr 6s’ to mark their moving on, and to put into place a full programme of transition that has been available for every child across the school, including all of our beautiful new Reception class that will be with us in September.
I very much look forward to offering the full curriculum on a full-time basis to every child across Little Lawrences and the main school. With full regard to all the guidelines, most of what St Lawrence’s is noted for is back again: a broad range of extra-curricular clubs, music tuition, a programme of sports and a continued focus on science provision alongside excellent teaching of Maths, English and RE.
Our school Journal and Facebook page will continue to be centrepieces of our celebration of achievement in the absence of whole-school assemblies. Why not take a virtual tour of the school and get in touch if we can help you in any way?
I look forward to meeting with you.
Warmest wishes to you all,
Follow us on Facebook – scroll or click below
‘A happy, church school that nurtures the unique talents of individuals and brings them together so that ‘they will soar on wings like eagles’
Free School Meals – during the Covid19 school closure period, FSM families will get £15 per child per week in supermarket vouchers.
Please also be aware that if your family is registered for free school meals you may be eligible to claim other forms of assistance, eg school transport.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)