St Lawrence CE Primary School is looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work at our friendly rural school here in Napton, Warwickshire, starting in September 2021 for 1 year. You will be working alongside our supportive and experienced teachers as you inspire, support and help raise the attainment of our pupils in their learning. You will be working with children with individual needs and this could be on a 1:1 basis.
Duties & Tasks
- Support learning as a Teaching Assistant with named individuals and small groups.
- Provide support to individuals and groups during lessons to enable them to access the curriculum, whilst monitoring progress and dealing with challenges as they arise
- Contribute to the implementation of an effective behaviour management strategy, applying it fairly and consistently within clear boundaries and reinforcing positive aspects of behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with parents, carers and families by taking a partnership approach, maintaining and sharing accurate information where appropriate
Contract Length: The post will commence 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022. Possibility to be made permanent for the right candidate.
Hours: 27 hours per week between 8.30pm and 3.20pm, Monday to Friday in term time (39 weeks). Flexibility required.
Salary: NJC F 7-10 / Hourly rate – £10.41-£11.27
Qualifications Required: GCSEs grade C/4 or above or equivalent is desirable in Maths and English
- Reliability and commitment
- Prior experience working as a Teaching Assistant and a relevant qualification is desirable.
- Experience working with children with SEND would be an advantage
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team – both under direct supervision and on own initiative
St Lawrence is an ‘outstanding’ church school and so the successful candidate needs to show that they will support the strong Christian ethos. A commitment to professional development within this church school is also a given. Details of our friendly school can be found at https://www.stlawrenceprimaryschool.co.uk/ . St Lawrence was graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features at our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2020).
The completed Application form and Equal Opportunities form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to interview, please familiarise yourself with our Child Protection Policy which is also available on our website.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 13th June 2021
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 14th June 2021
St Lawrence CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children, and all appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks in accordance with the code of practice.