This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our experienced staff starting in September 2021 for 1 year.
The governors of St Lawrence CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is willing to work as part of our team to inspire participation and excellence in sport as well as instil a love of learning in our pupils. The successful candidate will be a physical activity role model for our pupils.
Duties & Tasks
- Support learning as a Teaching Assistant with named individuals and small groups.
- Experience of working with young children is an advantage.
- Provide support to individuals and groups during their sessions to enable them to access their learning whilst monitoring progress and dealing with challenges as they arise.
- Contribute to the implementation of effective personal and social skills development within clear boundaries and reinforcing positive aspects of behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with parents, carers and families by taking a partnership approach, maintaining and sharing accurate information where appropriate.
- Support the assessment of children’s development using Tapestry (online journal)
Contract Length: The post will commence 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022.
Hours: 25 hours per week with shifts between 7.30am – 6pm, Monday to Friday in term time (39 weeks). Flexibility required.
Salary: NJC D4-5 / Hourly rate – £9.81-£10.01
Qualifications Required: GCSEs grade C/4 or above or equivalent is desirable in Maths and English
- Reliability and commitment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – both under direct supervision and on own initiative
- Experience of Sports Coaching and working with young children would be an advantage
St Lawrence is an ‘outstanding’ church school and so the successful candidate needs to show that they will support the strong Christian ethos. A commitment to professional development within this church school is also a given. Details of our friendly school can be found at https://www.stlawrenceprimaryschool.co.uk/ . St Lawrence was graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features at our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2020).
The completed Application form and Equal Opportunities From should be emailed to email@example.com
Prior to interview, please familiarise yourself with our Child Protection Policy which is also available on our website.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 13th June 2021
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 14th June 2021
St Lawrence CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children, and all appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks in accordance with the code of practice.