This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our experienced staff starting in September 2021 for 1 year. The governors of St Lawrence CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is willing to work as part of our team.
Contract Length: The post will commence 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022.
Hours: 16.65 hours per week, 12 noon – 3.20pm, Monday to Friday in term time (39 weeks). Flexibility required.
Salary: NJC D4-5 / Hourly rate – £9.81-£10.01
Qualifications Required: GCSEs grade C/4 or above or equivalent is desirable in Maths and English
Duties & Tasks
- Support learning as a Teaching Assistant with named individuals and small groups.
- Experience of working with children is an advantage.
- Provide support to individuals and groups during their sessions to enable them to access their learning whilst monitoring progress and dealing with challenges as they arise.
- Contribute to the implementation of effective personal and social skills development within clear boundaries and reinforcing positive aspects of behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with parents, carers and families by taking a partnership approach, maintaining and sharing accurate information where appropriate.
- Reliability and commitment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – both under direct supervision and on own initiative
St Lawrence is an ‘outstanding’ church school and so the successful candidate needs to show that they will support the strong Christian ethos. A commitment to professional development within this church school is also a given. Details of our friendly school can be found at https://www.stlawrenceprimaryschool.co.uk/ . St Lawrence was graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features at our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2020).
The completed application form and Equal Opportunities form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to interview, please familiarise yourself with our Child Protection Policy which is also available on our website.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 9th July 2021
Interviews will be held on 15th July 2021
St Lawrence CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children, and all appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks in accordance with the code of practice.