This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our experienced staff starting as soon as possible for 1 year, with an opportunity for a permanent contract for the right candidate. The governors of St Lawrence CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a qualified, experienced TA2 with SEND experience who is willing to work as part of a team.
St Lawrence’s is a vibrant, community-minded village school in a beautiful rural setting. We are looking for a candidate with a child-centred, nurturing approach and excellent communication skills who is keen to join a friendly, encouraging and dedicated staff team with a low labour turnover, headed by a supportive Senior Leadership Team.
Contract Length: The post will commence as soon as possible until 31st August 2022.
Hours: 16.25 hours per week, 08.45 – 12 noon, Monday to Friday in term time (39 weeks). Flexibility required.
Salary: NJC F7-10 Hourly rate – £10.41-£11.27
- Teaching Assistant Level 2 or comparable Early Years qualification
- GCSEs grade C/4 or above or equivalent is desirable in Maths and English
Duties & Tasks
- You will support learning as a Teaching Assistant with named individuals and small groups.
- You will provide support to individuals and groups during their sessions to enable them to access their learning whilst monitoring progress and dealing with challenges as they arise.
- You will contribute to the implementation of effective personal and social skills development within clear boundaries and reinforcing positive aspects of behaviour
- You will develop positive relationships with parents, carers and families by taking a partnership approach, maintaining and sharing accurate information where appropriate.
- Reliability and commitment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – both under direct supervision and on own initiative.
- Experience working with autistic children would be an advantage.
St Lawrence’s is an ‘outstanding’ church school and so the successful candidate needs to show that they will support the strong Christian ethos. A commitment to professional development within this church school is also a given. St Lawrence’s was graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features at our most recent Ofsted inspection (February 2020).
The completed application form and Equal Opportunities form should be emailed to email@example.com
Prior to interview, please familiarise yourself with our Child Protection Policy which is also available on our website.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd October 2021
Interviews will be held on Monday 11th October 2021
St Lawrence CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children, and all appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks in accordance with the code of practice.