My Child has difficulties with social, emotional health or mental health.
This section includes all those young people who experience short but significant periods of high anxiety, stress, distress or anger that affect their education.
It also includes young people who have a range of longer-term recognised mental health conditions.
For both groups, issues can include:
- Forming and maintaining relationships
- Attitudes to attainment
- Life outside school
What can St Lawrence offer?
All students at St Lawrence can access
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEND practice)
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Whole school The Big Umbrella project in collaboration with MIND
- Whole school Reward System.
- Whole school policy for behaviour management with graduated response.
- Year 6 transition support.
- Anti-bullying policy.
Targeted support for small groups may include
- Year 6 Big Umbrella Wellbeing Support.
- Intervention groups – behaviour/social skills/self esteem/stress management.
- In-class support in some lessons.
Support for individual students may include
- Outside agency input (eg. Educational Psychologist, Early Help, CAMHS, Specialist Teaching Services).
- In-class support for students at risk of exclusion.
- Behaviour Action Plan
- Child Looked After support.
*Please note: These options need to be agreed upon for each student in conjunction with parents/carers and then regularly reviewed/modified.