Request for places at Little Lawrences of Napton
We welcome children who are not yet of school age and are either 3 or 4, or about to turn 3. All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 570 hours of free early education or childcare a year. This is usually taken as 15 hours per week during term time (38 weeks per year), broken down into 5 sessions of 3 hours each.Children from working families may be entitled to 30 hours free childcare per week during term time.
3-year-olds are entitled to claim a free nursery place in the September, January or April following their third birthday, subject to availability.
If your child’s 3rd birthday falls between:
- 1st January – 31 March, they will be eligible for 15 hours per week of free nursery education from the beginning of term on or after 1st April (Summer Term)
- 1st April – 31 August, they will be eligible for 15 hours per week of free nursery education from the beginning of term on or after 1st September (Autumn Term)
- 1st September – 31st December, they will be eligible for 15 hours per week of free nursery education from the beginning of term on or after 1st January (Spring Term)
We also allow parents to pay for extra sessions should they require more than 15 hours per week, subject to availability.
In addition, we accept children in the term in which they turn three (also known as rising 3’s). Charges will apply in this instance. We offer morning, lunch and afternoon sessions. Children are offered a free session prior to starting so that they are able to join with confidence in a more familiar environment.
You are asked to indicate which sessions you want for your child based on the following information:
Session Timings and Fees
|Morning Session||8:45am-12:00||The equivalent of 1 Government funded Nursery session or £15:00|
|Afternoon Session||12:00-3:15pm||This session includes the lunchtime session.||The equivalent of 1 Government funded Nursery session or £15:00|
|For those just using the morning session:
Lunch Session – can be added
|12:00-1:15pm||Children are expected to either bring their own lunch or enjoy hot lunches that are available at an extra charge of £2:65.||£8:00|
|Full day session||8.55am – 3.15pm||Children are invited to either bring their own lunch or enjoy hot lunches that are available at an extra charge of £2:65.||2 x 3 hour Government funded Nursery sessions or £30|
|Full day session with wraparound care||7.45am – 5.45pm||Children are invited to either bring their own lunch or enjoy hot lunches that are available at an extra charge of £2:65.||2 x 3 hour Government funded Nursery sessions or £30, plus wrap around care at £14.50.|
So how much will a full ‘school day’ actually cost?
A full ‘school day’ would cost either the equivalent of 2 Government funded nursery sessions or £30.
There are 5 Government funded sessions available per week for those children who are 3 years old. This starts the term after their 3rd birthday. For any extras, you will be liable for a charge of £15:00 per extra session. The government does not currently fund ‘rising threes.’
From January 2018, Little Lawrences fees will increase to as follows:
Wrap Around Care/Out of School Club is also available!
Click here for information on ‘Larks and Owls’
- Out of school fees are paid separately as the club is run separately from the school.
- Fees are reviewed annually and come into operation each September.
- Fees are payable within 7 days and in full upon receipt of a monthly invoice. Failure to pay may result in your child losing their place. Invoices will be issued mid month.
- A minimum of a month’s written notice is required for all/any changes.
- Please check out the prospectus with regard to compensation in the event of an enforced closure of Little Lawrences (e.g. in the event of a closure as a result of snow and ice)
Making your preferences
Please fill in an ‘Application Form’ tick the boxes that apply on the grid. We will do our best to cater for your requests. However, please be aware that due to high demand of morning places, alternatives may be offered.
The ‘Request for places form’, needs to be returned to St Lawrence School office as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the form, then please contact the school office
Just click below to read and print request form!