Our aim is as always to prepare children for their start into Year 1: that the children are keen and ready to learn and are armed with the skills to enable them to do so.
The curriculum is organised into 7 key areas of learning.
The 3 Prime Areas:
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
2. Physical Development.
3. Communication and Language
There are 4 other specific areas that will be the focus of learning:
3. Understanding the world
4. Expressive art and design
Throughout these seven areas of learning and the key aspects (often known as Early Learning Goals), we aim to:
- Engage your child through opportunities to explore and learn through play.
- Motivate your child through active learning so as to ensure that they are achieving, that they keep on trying and that they are able to develop their concentration skills.
- Create an ethos that helps your child to think critically by encouraging him/her to have their own ideas, make links with a range of other ideas by getting them to ask ‘why’ and to help them choose how to develop a strategy.
For Little Lawrences and Reception Curriculum information click here.