‘A happy, church school that nurtures the unique talents of individuals and brings them together so that ‘they will soar on wings like eagles’
Our School Aim Statement
- To develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for all children to
become confident, independent, self-disciplined and enthusiastic learners.
- To provide a happy, supportive, creative and purposeful learning environment for all.
- To maintain a positive and constructive partnership with parents and carers, to enable all children to reach both their academic and social potential.
- To serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice, and by promoting wider community links in order for children to understand and develop their role in society.
- To preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
At St. Lawrence we aim to address these principles:
- To ensure children feel included, secure and valued
- To build on what the children already know and can do
- That no child should be disadvantaged
- That parents and staff work together and intervene as and when appropriate
- To have activities planned by adults and also those planned and initiated by the Children
- To have a well-planned and well organised learning environment that provides rich and stimulating experiences
- To use a variety of teaching strategies
- To have a safe and supportive learning environment
- To differentiate to cater for children of all abilities
- To monitor children’s progression and assess through observation, and children’s work
- To set reasonable targets and goals for each individual child
Each child’s development and progress is monitored through observation and recorded using the Foundation Stage Profile. Each child has their own learning journal that is regularly updated as the children grow from strength to strength.