My child has sensory and/or physical needs.
This section covers students who have difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination
- Fine motor co-ordination
- Self-organisation for daily living
- It includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, dyspraxia
NB Please see speech, language and social communication section for sensory issues relating to ASD/Asperger Syndrome
What does St Lawrence offer?
All students at St Lawrence can access
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEND practice)
- Visual aids and timetables to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- Amplification of sound for aid users.
- School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
Support for targeted groups of students may include
- Medical Care Plans.
- Handwriting /fine motor/ skills training.
- Access to teaching assistant support.
Targeted individual support may include
- 1:1 Outside Agency support from IDS, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- Individual handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources.
- Access to assistive technology (via IDS HI or VI).
- Targeted TA support for complex medical needs, including practical support.
- Exam Access Arrangements.
- On-going monitoring and regular feedback to parents and students (at least termly)
*Please note: These options need to be agreed upon for each student in conjunction with parents/carers and then regularly reviewed/modified.